VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVES
Care should be used when applying an inverter in a multiple motor application.
- Motors must be the same HP, Nema design, RPM, frame and voltage rating and preferably from the same manufacturer.
- Never switch a motor on and off from the output of a drive without first stopping the inverter.
- An output line reactor is recommended to help minimize the effects of multiple motors using one drive. Refer to the drawing for placement of the line reactor.
- The inverter should be sized by totaling the FLA of the motors and multiplying by 1.1, then selecting a drive that has a rating that meets or exceeds this FLA.
- Each motor must have its own thermal overload relay and branch circuit protection (NEC Code).
Next Tip || Installing Power Factor Correction Capacitors
Previous Tip || Soft Start Controls & Solid State Starters
Featured Products || AC, DC, & Servo Drives