CONDUIT FORMING LINE TUBE MILL
CONTROLS SYSTEM UPGRADE
ABB Direct Torque Control (DTC) AC Drives & Motors Replace Existing DC System
A tube mill takes flat continuous strip steel and forms it into continuous round or square
tubing using a welded seam. The continuous tubing is cut into specified lengths and sold
as-is or formed into other products; electrical conduit and exhaust tubing are two
examples. Different size forming rolls in the mill determine the finished diameter of the
product and the rolls are changed on a job-by-job basis.
The mill control regulates the speed and/or torque of each forming stand. Each stand is closely matched to the previous and subsequent stands using state-of-the-art, digital AC Direct Torque Control (DTC) drives that help alleviate deformed tubing. To further control the finished product, the operator can
The operator station features industrial oil-tight push buttons, lights and selectors, and a fault indicator that is accessed through a programmable touch screen.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Update obsolete and hard-to-repair equipment - Less equipment downtime
- Touch screen for fault diagnosis - Easy to use
- Increased line speed, quality, and production rates - Save time and money
- Consolidate system documentation - Easy to find records
- Increased uptime - Higher profits
- Eliminate high maintenance DC motors
- Installation services available
- Other customer-specified enhancements
- Training by a qualified project engineer for operators and/or skilled trades personnel on equipment operation and maintenance
HOW TO ORDER
Call your friendly sales representative for a customized quote today!