The KBAC-416S Hybrid AC Drive
- Designed to operate 3-phase, 10 horsepower motors at 460 VAC
- Ready-to-Use, Out-of-the-Box specifications mean the KBAC drive is easy to install and operate
- Common Sense Programming (CSP) platform can get your drive up and running in under ten minutes
- The hinged NEMA 4X / IP65 enclosure is watertight and suitable for washdown applications
- Sensorless Flux Vector Control regulates speed with high torque load throughout the drive’s entire speed range
The Main Speed Potentiometer is the primary speed controller. Using the dial, operators can select speed as a percentage of MAX or MIN motor speed, each specified by dedicated, adjustable trimpots on the PC board.
Start & Stop
Each drive is supplied with a pre-wired Start/Stop switch to electronically start and stop the drive. With Power Start™, the drive can deliver more 200% starting torque to ensure startup of high frictional loads.
A factory-installed on/off AC Line Switch includes a mechanical interlock that prevents the drive cover from opening unless the switch is set to the “OFF” position. A lockout feature is also included so the KBAC can conform to your facility’s lockout/tagout procedure.
A new jumper-selectable switch can quickly adjust the drive’s frequency. An 8 kHz setting is factory-selected and suitable for most applications, including general machinery and equipment that requires constant torque operation. With the jumper, the drive can be toggled to operate at 12 kHz, more suitable for variable torque applications like HVAC systems, fans and pumps.
Additional jumpers allow the user to tune the drive for better performance and more specific operations. Jumpers include Motor Horsepower selection, Automatic Ride-Through or Manual Start selection, Braking Mode selection, and Torque Model selection to switch between constant and variable torque operation. A total of 11 jumper selections are available.
Proprietary command line software built into the KBAC provides overload protection, prevents motor burnout and eliminates nuisance tripping. Each feature will help your motor application last longer.
KB Electronics KBAC-416S Hybrid AC Drive