- AC Operated with Laminated Magnetic Circuit
- 2 Versions: 4 Pole or 8 Pole. The width of the 8 Pole Devices is Identical to that of 4 Pole Devices; Only the Depth is Increased
- Side by Side Mounting Possible
- Self Cleaning Auxiliary Contacts
- Alone or by Itself or with a 4 Pole CA5 Auxiliary Contact Block, these Devices Offer "Positive Safety" between their Auxiliary Contacts
There are many applications where safety is very critical and it is important to use electrical equipment which ensures that dangerous machine movement cannot occur when a fault is detected with the moving contacts during the cycle which the fault is indicated.
The ABB Type N & NL 4 and 8 pole relays are designed with "Positive Guided" contacts and fulfill the regulations or standards shown.
The relays can provide positive safety for the N.O. and N.C. contacts which assure that the N.O. contacts will not close before any N.C. contact opens. Therefore, if one of the contacts weld due to abnormal conditions in the control circuit, the other contacts will also remain in the same position as when the welding occurred. This means that the open contacts must maintain an air distance 0.5mm when the coil is energized at 110% Vc or when it is de-energized.